- AdobeSpellingConfig.xml - put this file in your project's src folder. It defines the locations of the dictionaries and which language(s) to use.
- en_US.aff, en_US.dic - these are the dictionary files. You'll need different ones for different languages of course. By default they go in the src/dictionaries/en_US folder.
- AdobeSpellingEngine.swc - the main engine library - required, goes in project lib folder.
- AdobeSpellingUI.swc - the ui library for Flex 3/MX components (e.g. <mx:TextArea>)
- AdobeSpellingUIEx.swc - the ui library for Flex 4/Spark components (e.g. <s:TextArea>)
To integrate Spell Checking into a Spark TextArea (id="textArea"), all you have to do is add one line:
I did notice one problem with using Squiggly with Spark controls. The default Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All context menu items were not available anymore. I found a workaround for this by getting the contextMenu (which gets set on the RichEditableText control, not the TextArea) and setting clipboardMenu = true. See the example below for more details (right click to View Source).
Squiggly is still in prerelease, so a few bugs are expected. There is a forum here for discussions on Squiggly, and to report problems.